Well the Mini Cooper lives, sort of that is. It is having an error code with one of the O2 sensors which is on order and scheduled to arrive on Wednesday. Since I have to wait I decided to take on another project that has been underfoot in the garage, rebuilding of a TH350 transmission for a 1969 Chevy C10.
As of tonight I finished tearing the transmission down and cleaning the baked on gasket off of the case. The transmission originally came out of a 1973 Chevy Malibu and has never been rebuilt so the gasket was very difficult to scrape off of the case.. Next step will be to clean the case and prep for the rebuild.
Will take a good pressure washing and quite a bit of degreaser and elbow grease before it is ready for reassembly.